Eastern University is a nationally-recognized Christian university enrolling approximately 5,700 students in a wide array of undergraduate, graduate, professional, and seminary programs. The university’s main campus is located in St. Davids, PA, with additional locations in Philadelphia, Harrisburg, and online. Eastern’s core values of Faith, Reason, and Justice are woven into all of its educational programs. Through dynamic programs, a vibrant campus community, and meaningful service learning opportunities, Eastern University is committed to providing students with transformative, accessible, and affordable education.
Mission & Faith
Mission: Eastern University is a diverse, Christ-centered community preparing graduates to impact the world through faith, reason, and justice. Learn more about our Vision, Mission & Values.
Affiliations: Eastern University is affiliated with the American Baptist Churches USA and has an interdenominational Christian student body, faculty and administration.
The College of Arts and Humanities: Eastern University's College of Arts and Humanities (CAH) houses majors and minors in the humanities and performing arts.
The College of Business and Leadership: Eastern University's College of Business and Leadership (CBL) brings together carefully designed educational offerings from the disciplines of business, leadership, and advocacy.
The College of Education & Behavioral Sciences: Eastern University's College of Education is one of the leading private university Education programs in the state of Pennsylvania. It offers a diverse array of undergraduate, graduate, and certification programs.
The College of Health and Sciences: Eastern University's College of Health and Sciences (CHS) equips students with the knowledge, skills and abilities for meaningful careers, advanced professional training and active roles in local and global communities through social services and healthcare professions.
The Templeton Honors College: The Templeton Honors College offers graduate-style undergraduate education for the most academically-gifted students.
Palmer Theological Seminary and College: Palmer Theological Seminary provides theological education for all types of ministry that seek to present the whole gospel, to the whole world, through whole persons.
Esperanza College: Esperanza College is Eastern’s junior college which operates in partnership with Nueva Esperanza, Inc. and aims to serve the Latino community in Philadelphia, PA.
St. Davids, PA: Our scenic 114-acre suburban main campus is just west of Philadelphia, PA, offering undergraduate, graduate, and Palmer Theological Seminary programs.
Harrisburg, PA: Our convenient, attractive Harrisburg location provides a state-of-the-art learning experience.
Ripley, WV: Palmer Seminary offers the Master of Divinity here.
*Eastern also holds additional instructional sites at numerous suburban and international locations.
- Calendar: A two-semester academic year, Fall and Spring, with two summer sessions. Online and graduate programs are offered throughout the calendar year.
- Academic Programs and Degrees: Associate of Arts, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Social Work, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master of Arts, Master of Business Administration, Master of Education, Master of Science, Master of Science in Nursing, Master of Social Work, Master of Theological Studies, Doctor of Philosophy, Doctor of Arts, Doctor of Ministry.
- Study Abroad: Opportunities include Oxford University, the University of St. Andrews, student teaching, and a wide array of other programs.
- Eastern University offers many Online and Blended Online Programs.
- 123 full-time faculty (all colleges)
- 87% hold earned doctorates or highest professional degrees
- Over 300 faculty publications
Alumni and faculty of Eastern University have received the MacArthur Foundation Award, Olaf Palma International Justice Award, Regional Emmy for PBS Documentary, and Lindback Awards for Excellence in Teaching. View recent national honors and recognition.
Eastern University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Learn more and view our Professional Accreditations.
- Surveys like the Student Satisfaction Inventory are administered annually to ensure continual improvement of student services.
- Undergraduate retention rate of 78% (full-time traditional students)
High School GPA
- Average high school GPA for entering first-time full-time traditional undergraduate students = 3.58 (Based on the students with reported data)
- International and Multi-ethnic Enrollment: 47.4% of all undergraduates (including Esperanza).
- Harold C. Howard Center/Warner Memorial Library: Our collection of 135,000 physical books and media has been rated "A" for size according to the Association of College and Research Libraries.
- More than 42,000 periodical titles in paper and electronic format throughout our databases and over 160 databases for research. We have access to over 675,000 e-books. We also maintain a collection of about 82,000 video recordings, primarily streaming but also some in physical format.
- Over 75 million books available through Interlibrary Loan options and Open Access tools. The library is a member of cooperatives: The Tri-State College Library Cooperative (TCLC); the Partnership for Academic Library Collaboration & Innovation, Inc (PALCI); and the Southeast Pennsylvania Theological Library Association (SEPTLA).
St. Davids Facilities
- 8 Academic and Administrative Buildings
- The Bradstreet Observatory and Julia Fowler Planetarium
- Residential: 8 residence halls that can house up to 944 students on campus
- Athletic: Gymnasium, tennis courts, pool, multi-purpose baseball field, softball field, turf soccer/lacrosse and practice field
96% of students receive academic and need-based scholarships and grants. 了解更多的 Financial Aid Office.
Tuition and Costs
- Traditional Undergraduate Tuition
- Online Undergraduate Tuition
- Graduate Tuition
- Palmer Seminary Tuition
- Barnabas Foundation
- Comloquoy Charitable Foundation
- EAPE Kingdom Works, Inc.
- Eden Charitable Foundation
- HBE Foundation
- Huston Foundation
- Stewart Huston Charitable Trust
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation
- PA Department of Education
- PA Higher Education Foundation
- Sodexho Marriott Services, Inc.
- W.W. Smith Charitable Trust
- U.S. Dept. of Education
- 31,771 alumni in 50 states and 97 countries
- 94-99% of graduates in the last decade have found employment, full-time volunteer work, or begun post-graduate studies within the first six months of graduation (based on the percent of students who responded in each year). Learn more about Post-Graduation Reports.